Accident Support Line FAQ
1. What is the first thing I need to do when I have an Accident?
Call the Dacia Accident Support Line (DASL) on 0333 202 3002 before you call your insurance company. We can advise you on the best course of action to protect your rights and minimise your cost and inconvenience.
2. What happens with my insurance company?
If you are not at fault for the accident, Dacia Accident Support Line (DASL) will contact your insurance company and agree with them how your claim will be handled. We will liaise with them on your behalf, meaning you don’t have to.
If you are at fault, the Renault Approved Accident Repair Centre dealing with your repair will liaise with your insurance company while the repairs are being carried out.
3. Why should I use the services of the Dacia Accident Support Line rather than deal with another accident management company or my insurance company?
The choice of who handles your claim in the event of an accident is yours. If you choose the Dacia Accident Support Line (DASL), you can be sure of a comprehensive service from start to finish. We will also ensure that genuine Dacia parts will be used during your repair, which will be fully guaranteed for 5 years. We will also ensure that your vehicle is repaired to the original Euro NCAP safety specification, protecting your investment, your warranty and your safety.
4. What happens with my vehicle?
Dacia Accident Support Line (DASL) will make arrangements for your vehicle to be recovered to a Renault Approved Accident Repair Centre if it is not roadworthy. If it can be driven, DASL will arrange the earliest date possible for you to take it to a RAARC.
5. Do I get a replacement vehicle?
If the accident is not your fault, you will be provided with a like for like replacement vehicle*. If the accident is your fault, a courtesy car will be provided.
* Like for like refers to engine and vehicle size in addition this is subject to mitigation and specific need.
6. Who pays for the replacement vehicle?
If the accident is not your fault, the cost of the replacement vehicle is recovered from the insurance company of the at fault party.
7. What happens if I am injured?
Your Dacia Accident Support Line (DASL) advisor will advise you and with your agreement appoint an approved solicitor** to manage your claim.
** Quindell Legal Services
8. Do I need to register to use the Dacia Accident Support Line (DASL)?
No. As a valued Dacia customer you are automatically registered. In the event of an accident call 0333 202 3002. Your membership is automatically renewed each year for as long as you own a Dacia.
9. Can I choose which repairer fixes my vehicle?
Yes, but our recommended repairer will be a Renault Approved Accident Repair Centre who will use Dacia Genuine parts, guarantee all repair work for 5 years and ensure the repaired vehicle maintains its original Euro NCAP safety rating.
10. Do I need to get three different estimates for the repair?
No, your Dacia Accident Support Line (DASL) team will manage all insurer approvals.
11. How will I know when the repairs will be completed?
We monitor the repair and liaise with all interested parties until your vehicle is returned to you.
12. Am I entitle to a replacement vehicle if my vehicle is written off?
Yes, if the accident was not your fault and we can prove a need for a replacement vehicle similar to your own. Dacia Accident Support Line (DASL) will arrange for you to have a temporary replacement vehicle whilst your claim is settled. You will need to return this vehicle no later than 7 days after receipt of cheque, not when it’s cleared.
13. Do I have to pay my insurance excess?
If you are not at fault, we will claim from the other party’s insurance policy. By doing this, you will not be invoking your own insurance policy and therefore there will be no policy excess to pay.
14. Will my no claims bonus be affected?
If the accident was not your fault it may temporarily be affected depending on the individual insurer’s policy. On the successful completion of the claim, your no claims bonus is reinstated.
15. Can I register my family?
Can I register my family?
Yes. As a Dacia customer you can enrol your family on the DASL membership site at www.DASLmembers.co.uk. Once your family is registered they can also enjoy the benefits of DASL whether they drive a Dacia or not.
Can I update my personal and vehicle details on the membership site?
To manage your membership, visit www.DASLmembers.co.uk. Here you can update your details and see the additional benefits of being a DASL member.